While in the process of buying your home, your credit must not change, or be detrimentally affected in anyway, until you get possession of your new home. Mortgage companies or Lenders will look into your credit history before pre-approval and then check it again just before you sign the mortgage paperwork. So, please remember:
1. Do not use your credit cards excessively or let your accounts fall behind.
2. Do not spend the money that you have set aside for your closing costs.
3. Do not increase your debt by buying any big-ticket items like a car or truck.
4. Do not start buying furniture before the closing of the property.
5. Do not originate inquiries into your credit, as this affects your credit score.
6. Do not change jobs (be patient, you can do so, after closing).
7. Do not become self-employed and do not quit your job.
8. Do not change bank accounts.
9. Do not co-sign a loan for anyone.